At Drummartin Clinic we have vast experience of over thirty years of investigating and treating medically unexplained symptoms.
Our aim is to find out:
- What is going wrong for this person i.e. why do they have these symptoms?
- How can I get them back to vibrant health and well-being rather than merely existing courtesy of all the pharmaceuticals taken every day?
- We hope that by finding out what is wrong we can also make you healthier for the rest of your life so that you age better and have quality-of-life in your later years.
- We do not replace your own G.P. or specialist.Please think of what we do as an add-on to your standard medical treatment and not a replacement for it. I work in parallel with your own G.P. or consultant. I do not replace your G.P. or consultant. Your G.P. is the appropriate and competent person whom you should first attend with any new medical problem.
- Before making an appointment: If you have any worrisome medical symptoms, weight loss, unexplained night sweats, change in bowel habit over 40, please do not immediately seek functional medicine treatment – the first thing to do is to see your G.P. and get his or her evaluation and advice. Irish General practitioners are very skilled in acute diagnosis. So please first bring symptoms which need checking out to your G.P. before coming to see us.
- In Ireland, the range of complementary medical treatments on offer is far behind the continental EU. The prevailing paradigm in Ireland is pharmaceutical.
- Irish medicine does not accept and, mostly, ridicules naturally based therapies including functional and nutritional medicine