In this Unexplained Illness Podcast episode Dr Patrick Magovern discusses Unexplained Illness
In particular he looks at:
- Where to start with Unexplained Illness,
- Understanding the multi layers of Unexplained Illness,
- Analyzing the persistent unexplained symptoms,
- Organising patient history in a meaningful way,
- Timeline and past medical history,
- Gastrointestinal function and its effect on the body,
- Unexplained Illness and issues with Detoxification.
- Mould Toxicity and symptoms
Standard medicine teaches doctors how to make a diagnosis and is very useful in acute care. However the standard medical model is woefully inadequate in patients who have chronic (ongoing) symptoms.
Sadly, also in standard medicine, when a patient has symptoms which are severe but which are not ‘in the disease book’ they may be labelled as suffering from somatic (bodily) symptoms which are coming from a psychological (stress or anxiety or emotional trauma) cause.
Each patient is different and I want to provide you with something that is readable and informative without being over turgid so I can’t really go into all the details or you would just find yourself completely bored to tears.