Investigations used include both standard and non-standard.
We look at standard investigations using local hospitals to assess haematology, biochemistry and endocrinology – for many of our female patients basic endocrinology testing is very important in the diagnostic process.
Our non-standard investigations go abroad to the UK and the US – Ireland is a too small a population base to provide local availability of specialised laboratory testing.
Non-standard investigations include:
- Toxicology for chemicals and pesticides
- Toxicology for heavy metals
- Urinary organic acid markers for bacterial gut infections, how pressurized the detoxification system is, and mitochondrial indicators
- Toxicology for fungal toxins/mycotoxins
- Infective disease profiles including Borrelia and viral infection
- Walsh Research Institute Brain Nutrient profiling
- Food intolerance testing